Monday 28 December 2015

Like a child at Christmas


After the dark, snowstormy ride last night (well afternoon, well no lunchish actually, but still dark) the countryside has turned beautifully crispy, cold, white and has ignited some sort of primeval childish Christmassy playing in the snow urges. I couldn't resist another ride today and even felt like I'd won the lottery of which hour or two might be sunny!


Playtime!


Despite studded tyres it was pretty treacherous out there somtimes so I shortened down my ride a bit to avoid roads with lots of traffic, and that was well worth it.


Give me roads like this any day


The temperature, tyres and conditions all contributed to an embarrasingly slow speed, but lots of fun and beautiful scenery.




But it was cold, about -8 most of the time, so I wasn't too sad to get home and jump into a warm bath with a well-deserved beer!


/Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment